Technical Director / Lead Programmer – Gaming Industry
An exciting opportunity for a hands-on Technical Director to join a dynamic new studio with a focus on technical excellence and exciting projects to create great games efficiently with best-in-class technology in a culture of collaboration and excellence with good work-life balance.
You will be joining the company at the foundation level, helping build a centre of technical excellence in the games industry and having fun while doing so!
We are looking for an individual who has a passion and proven track record for leading and launching great games. You will help guide the technical foundation of our studio and manage the technical roadmaps across multiple projects.
You will use your experience to improve the technical foundation of the studio, assess emerging technologies and manage the integration/creation of various SDKs, as well as drive key project initiatives with both developers and internal department leads.
- Ideally have 6 years+ AAA experience in creating, contributing, delivering and pushing technology in games (console or mobile).
- C, C++. C# advantageous
- Console experience – PS4, Xbox One. Next gen advantageous
- Engine design and implementation. Unreal (UE4) advantageous
- Able to communicate with external publishers and clients as well as the team.
- Ability to lead and motivate a team, sub-team or be part of a team.
- Audit the technical quality of work produced for milestones.
- Able to identify and recommended any training that may be needed by the engineering team.
This role would suit either a hands-on Tech Manager / Director or a Senior / Lead Programmer looking to make the step up to Technical Director.
We can offer extremely flexible working hours / remote working.
This is an urgent requirement so please apply ASAP if this could be of interest.
Job Reference: 888319_1594655355
Salary: £60000 - £70000 per annum + remote / flexible working
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Permanent
Job Location: Greater Manchester, Tameside
Job Industry: IT
Job Skill: AAA, C#, Gaming, Lead, Manager, programmer, UE4, Unreal Engine