SQL DBA – Learn NoSQL and DevOps – £65K
We are looking for a SQL DBA who would like to get into NoSQL and Devops. This a great opportunity to work with cutting edge technology in a dynamic team.
The client are happy to consider candidates with SQL Server DBA experience ideally with some cloud experience.
Please find an overview of the role below:
* Manage NoSQL databases – installation, configuration and administration
* Consult and make recommendation on design, security, performance tuning and monitoring
* Develop, support and improve operational practices and procedures
* Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
Required Skills and Experience:
* Experience in provisioning, operating, and maintaining systems running on AWS
* Experience operating web-scale deployments of distributed systems
* Experience in implementation of backup and recovery strategies
* Source Control – manage code via source control tools – GIT
* Configuration management – Ansible, Hashicorp Packer & Terraform
* Fluency in Python, Java, GoLang, or a similar language
Desirable Skills and Experience:
* Lateral thinking, reverse engineering, good at problem solving & decision making.
* Agile / Scrum, experience of working in a software development environment
* Obsession for good documentation: using wiki to log changes, write procedures and instructions
* Continuous integration tools – Jenkins, Maven, Git
* Experience with agile tools – JIRA / Confluence / Wiki / Slack
If you are interested in this role please apply ASAP.
Job Reference: 888377_1594898940
Salary: £50000 - £65000 per annum + home working, pension, excellent benefits
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: ASAP