Set Top Box – STB Software Engineer
The Integration Support Software Engineer will join a newly established team within the Video Partner Engineering org, who are responsible for the worldwide distribution of the Video application across living-room streaming devices. They will work directly with our client’s partners such as Samsung, LG and Sony, to name a few.
The role will be pivotal in assisting these partners to fully integrate Video client applications on a growing range of living-room streaming devices such as Smart TVs and Set Top Boxes. They will have the opportunity to troubleshoot all aspects of integration and verification, gaining a deep understanding of their full software stack. They will have an established background of working within a customer-facing environment, great communication and organisational skills plus strong analytical reasoning.
- Degree in Computer Science or closely related technical field, or equivalent
- Solid technical/testing/development support experience
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Experience in tracing and resolving issues using logging and other support diagnostic tools
- An understanding of Unix/Linux commands
- Familiarity with Linux OS
- Experience in Scripting in at least one of Perl, Ruby, Python, Shell etc.
- Demonstrated skill and passion for operational excellence
- Experience in technical support, preferably with problem ticketing, incident management, and/or issue escalation
- Knowledge of embedded systems is a plus
- Exposure to working in an Agile environment is a plus
- Good written and verbal English communications skills
Job Reference: 8883018_1574434307
Salary: £350 - £576 per day
Salary per: Day
Job Duration: 9 Months
Job Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Permanent
Job Location: City of London, London
Job Industry: IT
Job Skill: set top box