Senior PHP Developer – Manchester City Centre – PHP, Yii, MySQL. Flexible working hours / ad-hoc remote work.
My rapidly expanding city-centre based client is looking for a Senior PHP Developer to support their ongoing success. You will report to the lead developer and assist in planning and implementing features that will directly improve the success of the business. The position will play a crucial role in helping to steer and shape the future of the business. As such, you will be the kind of person who enjoys researching various technologies that can drive the systems forward.
- Strong experience with PHP, preferably using MVC frameworks such as Yii, Zend, CodeIgniter or Symfony.
- Experience using Git as a version control system in a team context (i.e. using Gitflow as a workflow strategy)
- The ability to contribute high-quality code and contribute to peer reviews offering constructive feedback on code style, naming and design.
- Strong teamwork and communication skills with both technical and non-technical staff.
- Strong database design skills (MySQL) and the ability to perform optimisation and performance improvements.
- Excellent problem solving and organisational skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Familiarity with modern frontend technologies like HTML5, CSS3, ES6, React.js
- Strong knowledge of web performance optimisation and caching
- Third Party API Experience (such as HubSpot, Xero)
- Experience writing clear specifications from gathered requirements and breaking down projects into simple tasks that can be delegated to keep all business priorities moving forwards.
- Strong Linux skills – preferably managing environments in the AWS platform.
- Experience maintaining and updating WordPress sites (preferably).
- Knowledge of some or all tools and methods such as Composer, Redis, Elasticache, Continuous Integration, TDD, Atlassian Suite, decoupled/headless applications.
This is an excellent opportunity to get in early at a rapidly expanding business where you can make a difference and have your voice heard.
If you are interested in the role please send your CV for immediate consideration and interview.
Job Reference: 888318_1581352506
Salary: Onsite gym, flexible working, pension
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: ASAP