Lead/Senior Cisco Network Engineer – Home Working with occasional travel to near Loughborough.
This position would also suit a Senior Network Engineer who is looking to make the step up to Lead level and become more client facing.
This is a lead position which does not directly people manage a team, but rather leads on the technical delivery of projects and acts as the interface between networking and other teams such as build. You do not need to have deep experience within Networks – an understanding of the fundamentals is fine, and you may be a more general Infrastructure/Technology Manager looking to progress your career.
You can expect to be responsible for:
- Leading on the delivery of projects, implementing changes and helping maintain the operational aspects of our network infrastructure.
- During projects, directing other network engineers that work across the design, delivery and support disciplines with key focus areas being, project delivery and operational excellence as part of developing and delivering the I.T. Network Infrastructure.
- Driving strong collaboration & communications across multiple support teams, business owners and product managers/owners.
- Supporting agile delivery teams in the delivery of all requests and represent networks at Scrum meetings – supporting the removal of blockers, celebrating successes and supporting delivery
- Supporting the refinement of requests and associated designs to advise on the delivery details as needed
- Work with the demand and delivery function to support requestor communications as needed
What are we looking for?
Ideally, you will have a strong technical background but this does not purely need to be in a networking environment.
The team work with a variety of manufacturers including Cisco & Citrix, and so whilst not essential, Cisco qualifications would be advantageous. You must have a good understanding of IP, VPN, WAN, LAN, Switching, Routers & Firewalls.
Please apply ASAP if you are interested.
Job Reference: 889522_1613134610
Salary: £40000 - £53000 per annum + 15% Bonus & Bens
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: ASAP