Release Train Engineer – Inside IR35 – Remote working with travel to Nottingham once a month
The Release Engineer is responsible for leading the development of tactical plans to ensure new developments aligned to transformation strategies are achieved; optimize delivery of applications/components into the production environment and oversees the transition to full operational support.
- Influence Team Leaders and key executive stakeholders to develop tactical plans that will drive ongoing clarity of strategy, decisions, and execution alignment
- Engage in stakeholder discussion so ensure that teams do not compromise Agile principles and promote collaboration and transparency
- removes bottlenecks where the teams cannot do it themselves in conjunction with the other members of the leadership team.
- Adapt Product Roadmaps and backlogs, programme plans and schedules, and engineering resource assignments as required throughout software development sprints and releases to respond to emerging requirements and risks,
- Utilise your mastery of broad agile knowledge to innovate complex issues escalated by Agile Delivery Leaders from multiple teams; everyday impediments, larger problems, having the attention of management members and organizing meetings with them to solve problems
- Be responsible for managing the scrum of scrums and working closely with the Engineering Director as part of the scrum of scrums to resolve technical issues.
Skills & Requirements
- A minimum 10+ years of strong experience in IT / engineering role such as Agile Scrum Master, Agile Project Manager, Team Leader or other
- Previous RTE experience would be an advantage
- strong practical experience with Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) gained in an engineering leadership role
- Solid comprehension of Lean-Agile frameworks, Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), Agile budgeting, and Agile metrics
- Expertise with practical implementation of Scrum and Agile mind set
- strong abilities in coordinating complex project schedules, resolving competing dependencies, and fostering collaboration among globally distributed teams
If you are interested in this role please apply ASAP
Job Reference: 1075_1645095371
Salary: £600 - £750 per day
Salary per: Day
Job Duration: 9 Months
Job Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Contract
Job Location: Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
Job Industry: IT