Network Engineer – Grade 7
Our client has an exciting opportunity to join their IT Services. The role is within the Network team who are responsible for the core voice and data network infrastructure.
- Responsibility for providing 2nd and 3rd line support in relation to networking and telephony, primarily acting as a point of technical escalation for colleagues in the team and for resolving complex issues and problems;
- Responsibility for supporting all aspects of the telephony and networks systems, with ability to trouble shoot complex issues, applying expertise to develop solutions;
- Investigating and responding to faults, ensuring network infrastructure is fully documented, and supporting network and telephony capacity planning and design services;
- Understanding of network security configuration, applying your skills and knowledge to maintain the security and resilience of the network;
- Identifying and reporting service or project issues and risks as appropriate and working to mitigate or minimise impacts;
- Researching, collaborating and networking to maintain awareness and knowledge of industry and sector wide developments, to support activities that will future proof IT.
- Experience of working as a Network Engineer, providing 2nd and 3rd line support in complex organisations, providing effective troubleshooting and associated solutions;
- Knowledge and awareness of configuring and supporting a Microsoft Azure Networking Infrastructure;
- Significant, recent experience of effectively utilising in house and commercial data and voice management tools;
- Knowledge of firewalls, IP protocols, WAN, LAN and data centre environments;
- Experience of effectively analysing problems and data, presenting solutions, and information in a meaningful way to a diverse range of stakeholders;
- A good working knowledge and recent experience of working with a range of Cisco technologies including Firepower Firewalls, Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI), and Identity Services Engine (ISE);
- Experience of working with API’s;
- Recent experience of working within a large and complex IT Estate.
If you are interested in the role please apply ASAP – Closing date Wednesday 19th Janaury 2022
Job Reference: 202004_1645093418
Salary: £34000 - £41000 per annum + 40 days hol & 20% pension
Salary per: Annum
Job Duration: 2 Year Fixed
Job Start Date: ASAP