Lead Java Developer
I am looking for a lead Java developer for a business based in Nottingham. You will be working with exciting, cutting edge technology as part of a globallly distributed development team. The team are in the process of incorporating machine learning and AI technology into the work they do so you would get the chance to learn skills in these areas.
- Facilitate and contribute to story evolution; from conversation starters through to true Definition of Done implementations.
- Active participation in Scrum rituals, with an emphasis on iterative improvement and shared team goals.
- Promotion of best practice development within the team.
- Self-manage to plan and organise your time so that committed work is completed to DoD.
- Engage with the wider global group to ensure programme-level functional quality, performance and supportability.
- Explain complex solutions to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Develop system specifications for existing and new modules.
- Develop new/enhance existing modules in line with the current/evolving product architecture.
- Develop and execute comprehensive system and unit testing on the modules.
- Analyse and fix software errors.
- Maintain and improve existing system documentation.
Key Skills and Experience
- Proven experience delivering large, complex, high quality software applications.
- Broad experience of Java 1.8+ application development.
- Proven understanding and experience using design patterns.
- Test Driven / Behaviour Driven Development methodology.
- Knowledge of the Netbeans RCP and OSGi modular frameworks.
- Experience with Continuous Integration, Delivery and Build Automation processes.
- Unit and integration testing using Junit, Groovy or similar.
- Proprietary Language definitions (e.g. JCup, JFlex).
If you would like to discuss, please send over your CV.
Job Reference: 885216_1562944091
Salary: Bonus, pension, private healthcare etc
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: ASAP