Lead COBOL Mainframe Developer – Inside IR35 – Nottingham (1 Day Per Week)
Our International client are recruiting for a Senior/Lead COBOL Developer who has worked in a Mainframe environment with the folowing Tech: Z/OS, DB2, CICS etc..
Please find details below:
- Ensures that development is in line with long term business goals
- Translates business requirements into a sound technical solution which meets customer requirements. Ensuring accuracy in design, development and testing through to implementation.
- Programmes new complex programs/systems and amends existing ones
- Leads the root cause investigation / identification of bugs / defects
- Creates/approves test plans
- Reviewing of test results to ensure software meets customer requirements
- Evaluation/assessment of third party tools/products and new technology
- Demonstrates full understanding, monitoring and enforcement of processes such as ChangeMan, TIR, CAB and TDA
- Creates work/timescale estimates as required
- Timely and appropriate escalation of issues to line manager with recommended solutions. Action solutions where authorisation permits
- Carry out system integration testing as required
- Ensure system integration testing is carried out effectively
- Creates artefacts required for the Technical Design Authority and attendance at TDA meetings
- Produces project plans and ensures delivery of projects and project components by monitoring progress against the plan, escalating and initiating the resolution of any slippage
- Managees own tasks and time to ensure meeting project deadlines.
- Produces accurate work time/effort estimates
- Allocates and supervises work within the team.
- Co-ordinates and allocates resources and distribution and control of team work schedules
- Manages progress against the project plan and escalating any “slippage”, where required
- Provides technical support/assistance for feasibility, estimating and scheduling of projects
- Production of the system specifications, system design, and delivery of well tested solutions for new and existing products
Please apply ASAP if you are interested.
Job Reference: 889606_1623421819
Salary: £400 - £442 per day
Salary per: Day
Job Duration: 9 Months
Job Start Date: ASAP