Lead Architect – FTSE Top-20 business – fully remote
My multi-billion-pound client is looking for a Lead Architect who will be given the autonomy to drive a major strategic architecture transformation across the business unit. This is an incredibly challenging but rewarding opportunity to make a real difference in one of the world’s leading companies. The role involves taking responsibility for the current state of a complex, mature and disparate technology landscape and defining and driving a comprehensive architecture modernisation and transformation program.
We require somebody who is an excellent communicator as well as having technical depth (especially around cloud / mircroservices architecture) to determine an innovative and compelling future estate vision.
- Ensure full breadth of the current state architecture is consistently documented, metric-ed and understood including costs, availability, sustainability, compliance and security status.
- Create and maintain a progressive, innovative and compelling future state architecture vision. This must be aligned with appropriate principles, standards, costs and strategy.
- Develop, drive and iterate the transformation roadmap from current systems towards this future state, within the constraints of the business
- Participate in and help to build out the architect community across business units within the UK. Advocate for increased consistency of architecture across this community.
Experience and skills:
- Delivery experience in modern agile methodologies and processes for complex distributed high-performance, resilient, scalable, secure, data-centric systems
- Significant technical depth in designing progressive architectures that apply a broad combination of innovative technologies – 10+ years’ experience in similar roles designing for cloud-native, microservices, RESTful API design, big data engineering and analytics
- Expertise with mainstream cloud platforms and technologies, to deliver customer outcomes: AWS, Azure, GCP, Databricks
- Direct experience in driving and supporting architecture modernisation and transformation programs with full support from key stakeholders across the enterprise.
Please send your CV for immediate consideration and further discussion.
Job Reference: 108004_1619792617
Salary: £80000 - £100000 per annum + bonus, pension, private healthcare
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: ASAP