Lead Architect – FTSE Top-20 business – fully remote
My multi-billion-pound client is looking for a Lead Architect who will be given the autonomy to drive a major strategic architecture transformation across the business unit. This is an incredibly challenging but rewarding opportunity to make a real difference in one of the world’s leading companies. The role involves taking responsibility for the current state of a complex, mature and disparate technology landscape and defining and driving a comprehensive architecture modernisation and transformation program.
We require somebody who will help make the right progressive cloud-native platform choices. You will need to be aware of the current Cloud landscape is evolving and have a passion for tracking these aspects. You should care about being up to speed on the relative benefits of the providers and core cloud components e.g. what is Google cloud better at, what are the merits of the many database options, how should we choose between workload hosting choices, etc. It is a level above hands on but it should be enough to drive deep technical evaluation.
- Ensure full breadth of the current state architecture is consistently documented, metric-ed and understood including costs, availability, sustainability, compliance and security status.
- Create and maintain a progressive, innovative and compelling future state architecture vision. This must be aligned with appropriate principles, standards, costs and strategy.
- Develop, drive and iterate the transformation roadmap from current systems towards this future state, within the constraints of the business
Experience and skills:
- Significant technical depth in designing progressive architectures that apply a broad combination of innovative technologies – 10+ years’ experience in similar roles designing for cloud-native, microservices, RESTful API design, big data engineering and analytics
- Expertise with mainstream cloud platforms and technologies, to deliver customer outcomes: AWS, Azure, GCP, Databricks
- Direct experience in driving and supporting architecture modernisation and transformation programs with full support from key stakeholders across the enterprise.
Please send your CV for immediate consideration and further discussion.
Job Reference: 10809_1623833329
Salary: £80000 - £100000 per annum + bonus, pension, private healthcare
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: ASAP