Director of Server, Storage and Cloud Operations
The Director of Server, Storage and Cloud operations will lead and provide strategic direction for a team of 75 people responsible for the underlying technologies used to support the internal and client products we deliver in the market.
The role requires deep experience in delivering distributed systems and cloud platforms at enterprise scale, along with proven expertise around emerging cloud technologies, and a strong understanding on how to handle and address the myriad of existing and new cloud capabilities.
- Develop and manage standardised and highly efficient technology services, ensuring reliability and scalability of infrastructure in a dynamic environment.
- Modernise legacy systems through next generation services and capabilities leveraging cloud-based technologies.
- Manage effective life cycle management to drive system and technology consolidation and keep the footprint manageable and cost-effective.
- Comfortable managing highly available complex infrastructure with 24/7 availability and support.
- Knowledgeable in how to apply infrastructure capabilities to achieve regulatory or statutory compliance requirements.
- Strong third-party management skills, working closely with sourcing and vendor managers.
- Experience with cloud service provides such as AWS, Azure or GCP as well as SaaS enterprise application platforms.
- Experience with private/public cloud design (i.e., limitations, virtualization, global infrastructure, distributed systems, load balancing, networking, data storage and security).
- Experience leading large enterprise teams/groups of 100+ professionals and managing operations in a large-scale, distributed, consumer-facing organisation.
- Experience managing budgets (£30M+), strategic business-planning, and chargeback models.
If you are interested in the role please apply ASAP
Job Reference: 1066_1645093158
Salary: £110000 - £130000 per annum + + bonus & benefits
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: ASAP