Data Modeller – Remote – Global Data Business
My global data client is looking to hire a Data Modeller to work on a next generation, data analysis & visualization platform utilized by customers to drive billion-dollar decisions.
Do you want to work for a global organization where data is at the heart of everything they do? Are you passionate about data models? Are you excited about providing customers with the data they’ll rely on to navigate the changing energy and natural resources landscape?
This role will involve implementing business and IT data requirements through new data strategies and designs across all data platforms (relational, dimensional, and NoSQL).
- Working with business and application/solution teams to implement data strategies, build data flows, and develop conceptual, logical and physical data models
- Defining and creating an enterprise common data model as a key part of the information management system
- Defining and governing data modelling and design standards, tools, best practices, and related development for enterprise data models.
- Working proactively and independently to address project requirements and articulate issues/challenges to reduce project delivery risks.
- Developing and implementing quality metrics to ensure compliance to a enterprise data model
Knowledge & experience
- Hands-on experience of relational, dimensional, and/or analytic data management tools, including RDBMS, dimensional, NoSQL data platform technologies, and ETL and data ingestion protocols
- Experience of working with data warehouse, data lake, and enterprise big data platforms in multi-data-centre contexts
- Experience reverse engineering data models based on existing relational schemas or application models.
- You have a good knowledge of metadata management, data modelling, and related tools.
- Able to work in a matrix structure in a highly collaborative manner- essential as part of your work with stakeholders in the wider data team, our research teams and development teams.
Please submit your CV for immediate consideration and interview.
Job Reference: 10830_1637340150
Salary: £55000 - £70000 per annum
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Permanent
Job Location: Greater Manchester, Manchester
Job Industry: IT
Job Skill: Data Designer, Data Fabric, Data Lake, Data Modeller, nosql, sql