Data Centre Engineer – Hayes, Slough and Hemel Hempstead.
We are currently recruiting for a Data Centre Engineer for our international Tech client. Please find details below:
- Maintain a high level of system reliability by prioritizing and resolving trouble tickets efficiently, these include:
- Escalation point and technical troubleshooter for all Systems and Network hardware problems
- Troubleshoot technical issues on various platforms ranging from Systems through Networking to Power/Mechanical
- Remediation of physical layer outages, both Systems & Network
- Remediation or recovery of physical power issues on racks
- Participate in Data Center power & cooling events
- Install & configure racks of hosts in line with internal SLAs
- Triage & resolve trouble tickets for all devices in your region
- Data Center point of contact for all High Severity issues
- Physical replacement of server and network device parts
- Ensure correct rotation of parts & spares
- Help define metrics to increase our customer uptime
- Interact with third party vendors & contractors
- Contribute ideas to improve operational efficiency
- Participate in and deliver on a number of high impact small to mid-scale projects
- Participate in team meetings for metric analysis and project status updates
- Help build the world’s largest Cloud infrastructure
- Share knowledge and help educate less technical staff on the best practices related to all service owner issues
- Server Hardware Troubleshooting experience
- Server Booting: POST, BIOS, PXE, Kickstart, GRUB/LILO, RAID
- Some Experience with Network Protocols: TCP/IP, Ethernet, L2/L3 technologies
- Network Hardware: Copper and Optical Fiber Cabling, Switches, Routers
- Passionate about IT infrastructure and hardware!
* This position also has a physical component requiring the ability to lift & rack equipment up to 40lbs; it may require working in cramped spaces or in elevated locations while adhering to health & safety guidelines.
* Applicant must hold a valid drivers license
Please apply ASAP if you are interested in this contract.
Job Reference: 888320_1570186129
Salary: £200 - £250 per day
Salary per: Day
Job Duration: 4 Months
Job Start Date: ASAP