Configuration Manager – Nottingham
This new exciting role for a Configuration Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day operational delivery of the ITIL process to support Configuration and Asset Management. The post-holder will be responsible for undertaking research and development activities to underpin and support future IT procurement of both hardware and related assets.
* Define the configuration strategy to build a robust and consistent way of working.
* Working with asset owners to delegate and responsibilities in line with business needs. Develops, documents and publishes Configuration Management standards, Configuration Management Plans and procedures, ensuring that these documents are up to date
* Ensures the defined Configuration Management processes and procedures are adhered to by staff carrying out the tasks of Configuration Management and where appropriate initiates appropriate training to rectify non-conformance
* Initiates either internal or external audits to check that the physical IT inventory is consistent with the CMDB/ CMS and takes appropriate corrective action
* Assists internal/ external auditors to audit activities of the Configuration Management team for compliance with defined procedures and where appropriate, corrective action is undertaken
* Ensure that Configuration Management provides appropriate management information reports for processes such as Problem Management, Change Management as and when required
* Continuously evaluates existing Service Management tools to ensure that it is configured to meet requirements of the defined process and procedures, so when changes are made to process and procedures it is ensured that this is implemented within the Service Management tool
* Undertake ongoing Continuous Service Improvement activities for the process
* Conduct research and development activities to underpin and support future IT procurement of hardware and related assets.
Please apply ASAP if you are interested in this role.
Job Reference: 888365_1589194316
Salary: £40000 - £45000 per annum + Excellent Benefits
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: ASAP