Cisco Network Engineer – 6pm – 12am Working Hours – UK Travel
Our global tech client are recruiting for an established hands on Cisco Network Engineer. The client are looking for someone who is happy to work evenings and travel to multiple sites around the UK. Travel and hotel stays are covered by the client.
- Cisco CCNA or equivalent knowledge
- Experience of mid-level and/or enterprise experience as a technician or engineer in a highly dynamic environment; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Deliver sustainable and repeatable solutions and processes always with an eye on improvement.
- Work closely with our Network Engineering & Network Technical Project Manager teams to ensure fast, smooth rollout of infrastructure changes.
- TCP/IP networking knowledge
- Broad understanding of infrastructure technologies
- Knowledge of network cabling, optic types, and test equipment, such as VFL, power meter, and OTDR.
- Experience with cabling infrastructure best practices and methodologies.
- Collaborate with various stake holders to remove project obstacles
- Ability to travel within geographical work area is required, up to 50% of the working week.
- Ability to work outside standard business hours, at late evening or by night, to accommodate business continuity needs.
- Troubleshoot networking, routing and inter connectivity issues, including troubleshooting of network device configuration and low to mid-level application interaction
- Troubleshooting cabling infrastructure connectivity issues, including patch panels and patch cords.
- Specifying Power and Cooling requirements and ensuring Hardware Racking/Stacking completed for new equipment
- Participate in the migration, basic configuration and rollout of new or upgraded hardware
- Experience with medium to large, complex project scopes and ambiguous details within work environment
- Excellent judgement and analytical skills, ability to prioritize tasks based on fluctuating needs
- Strong understanding of major Command Line Protocols (Cisco IOS) and common Networking Protocols (BGP, OSPF)
- Significant background in large scale network implementations and support.
Please apply ASAP if you are interested.
Job Reference: 888389_1600268602
Salary: £250 - £300 per day
Salary per: Day
Job Duration: 6 Months
Job Start Date: ASAP